How to care for your Turkish Towel
Our Turkish towels are super easy to wash and get softer and more absorbent with every wash.
- Machine wash low (30 degrees) - also perfect to wash them in a basin
- Do not bleach
- No fabric softener – it reduces absorbency of towels
- Tumble dry on low or they love to dry on the line
- Some Turkish Towel makers recommend that, every few washes, you add a tablespoon of white vinegar to strip any clogging and restore the softness and absorbency of the fabric.
As our Turkish Towels haven't been treated with chemicals like other cotton towels, they may be a bit stiff when you receive them. It takes a few washes for them to become even more softer, fluffier and more absorbent. Don't forget to wash your Turkish Towel before the first time you use it, as this awakens the natural absorbency of the cotton.
If you get a pulled thread:
Simply cut the thread off. This will not damage the integrity of your towel.
How to fix an untied tassels:
Fringes come untied from time to time. Follow this step-by-step process to fix it:
1. Separate the threads into two equal sections
2. Twist both sections clockwise
3. Twist both sections together counter-clockwise
4. Knot at the end